Friday, March 24, 2006

Perspective

So today I've been chatting and reading about perspectives in life. And was reminded to remember the blessings when things seem to be getting yucky in life. Money is always an issue to me, in that something is always breaking and needing fixed. Right now it is our septic tank. Though it doesn't need fixed, just needs replaced. Which, of course, costs money. Lots. Of. Money. Money of which we don't have. But hence, this is where I was reminded of blessings. What are the blessings in my life? My home. Even when it's a mess, it is my safe haven. Love is here. My man. He confides in me. Treats me like a queen. Kisses me first thing in the morning. Tells me I'm beautiful after hiking for a week in the mountains with no shower. He is amazing. Friends. They push me. Pray for me. Love me for who I am. My kids. They are an example of unconditional love. They forgive and forget. Instantly. What an example to me of God's love. He forgives me. Loves me unconditionally. Cherishes me. Carries me. Listens to me. Has blessed me with tons of blessings. Family, friends, health. I can either wallow in misery over what is happening, or give it to Him, and keep giving it to Him when I take the misery back upon myself. Life could be a whole lot harder. With that, I need to be thankful for the life that I have. Not perfect by any mean, nor easy. It's just my perspective and how I choose to live today. Either crappy and filled with misery. Or thankful, which I think is so much harder to do than crappy, but much more worth it.

5 comments:

anne said...

You have such a good heart. You encourage me more than you will ever know. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, that's wonderful. I wish I could learn this perspective thing...

Jean said...

I've learned it many times. And it hasn't changed. I just keep forgetting. I wish I could learn to remember it!

Jean said...

Anne, you are so sweet. You my friend brought me to this realization today. So thank YOU for reminding me. :)

anne said...

Ah the not forgetting to remember. Oh so tricky.