Wednesday, March 22, 2006

the library

I love the library. But I think there's some sort of curse or I get all the weird things. It started about a month ago when I popped in a tape for Sam to listen to and it was really weird. I turned it over. Same thing. It was playing backwards. I tried it on a different tape player. Same thing. It was kinda freaky actually. Took it back to the library and informed them of it. I'm thinking, "how can you put a tape in backwards?".

Monday I went to the library again. Picked up some books for Alina. I was reading one to her today when I turned to a page, and it was upside down. At first I thought it was one of those books that you have to go to the end, turn it upside down and it's a different book. Nope. Not this one. The 2nd page in, it was upside down and it was the same as the 2nd to last page of the book. This time I DID NOT intentionally read the end of the book to find out what happens. Honestly I didn't. The end just happened to be at the beginning. Plus I knew that the animals would get all 10 apples up on top. So I wasn't too surprised.

I wonder what's going to happen the next time I go. Maybe I'll find $100 that someone used as a book mark.. Or a love letter stuck in between the pages. Or maybe a book that has all the pages right side up.

4 comments:

anne said...

I vote for option A. But C is most likely. B would be rather romantic.

Let me know how it all turns out.

Jean said...

I sure will.

I need a good Thriller book. Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

I think that is rather cool...what unexpected odditites!

Jean said...

It sure has been interesting ;)