Wednesday, March 29, 2006

a flicker

Recently, I've been yearning for a space to call my own. A place where I can go and be quiet. A place to meet with my Maker (even though I talk to him throughout the day). A little get-a-way of sorts. A little space that's mine. Why I've had this yearning, I'm not sure. But it's there. A flicker of something that wants to burst into flames. Standing on the edge of something. Every morning I find myself laying in bed for a good 15 minutes praying and thinking. To have an area where I can pick up God's word, journal, think and pray lights something inside of me. I feel right now there are more questions than answers in my life. Will this space give me answers? Possibly. It'll give me the opportunity to search my heart, God's will and my life as to what is going on and what's with all the questions and discontent surrounding me. Hopefully this weekend I'll get a glimpse of my space as Ed has rearranged it in his mind to help me fulfill this desire inside of me. For this I love him more because he wants to help me find my way and be apart of my journey.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I had to create a "writing space" for myself...

Jean said...

I just wonder why it's so hard to figure out what's going on inside of me. Clear answers would be so welcome, but I'm thinking this is how I grow in my faith. By leaning on Him. Continually.

heather said...

yes, continual learning. and creating space in life - physically and mentally - to give room for this questioning and learning. thanks for being honest about this time in your life. i pray you have quiet space to wrestle

anne said...

I'm excited for you that this is going to happen soon. I know you've been thinking this way for a long time and have desired a quiet corner to call your own.

Jean said...

Thanks Heather. "A quiet place to wrestle". Like that.

Jean said...

Anne...me too!! I sure hope it helps. I really believe that it will. :)