Thursday, March 23, 2006

Book Club


I'm in the last throes of completing the Book Bingo for the library. I have 12 book types left. I'm reading The Scarlet Pimpernel (Classic) right now. I read two books this morning. Because of Winn-Dixie (NY Best Seller) and Mackinac (MI author). It took me a total of an hour to read both. I've seen Winn-Dixie, so I could scan it quickly. The 2nd one was eh. So easy to read b/c it was so slow and boring! I still need a Horror book, Thriller book, Historical book, Biography and some other ones. Why I kept the hard ones until last, beats me. Procrastinating. It didn't help that the library was closed for a week and a half. I ended up leaving the library with 22 books. I remember reading S.P. in highshool, so I figured it couldn't be too hard if I was able to read it 10+ years ago. Ok..more like 15+ years. Wow I'm old. :) For the Bingo, if you fill two rows, your name gets put in a drawing for a $20 gift certificate. If you fill the whole thing, your name gets put in for the final drawing. 36 people win $50 gift certificates and one person wins a $500 vacation. It ends the 31st of this month. I need to get cracking....Luckily I like to read. So much so that I haven't been working enough. oops!

6 comments:

heather said...

ooh - that sounds like a fun form of bingo!!

Jean said...

It's been fun. It's made me read outside of my realm of books. Course that's what they want you to do. And now you're so close to the library!! :) They do something every winter.

anne said...

I remember doing the Pizza Hut contest every year. Maybe that's why personal pan pizzas are still my favorite. Hmm...

Oh, and it's "throes" not "throws."

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=throes

I couldn't help it. It's my personal form of OCD. : )

Jean said...

thank you. the mistake has been corrected. :)

anne said...

See how smart you are now!? What a great word to use anyway! :)

Jean said...

Why thank you. I was feeling very English (even though I have Irish blood) while reading the S.P. that throes just popped into my head.. :)