Tuesday, August 29, 2006

a basketful of baked goods.

This past weekend was a busy one. It started out by cleaning the house for my brother and his family that were coming over. I made dinner for all 9 of us and then we headed to a magic show/celebration/party for our friend that won the world magic competition in Sweden a couple of weeks ago. Saturday started out with friends taking the kids so Ed and I could go out for breakfast and we even were able to hit a few garage sales and purchase a kitchen for the little princess for Christmas. Thanks K and K!!! Then started the baking. Sunday was the ministry fair at church and I was going to have a table to display the meals ministry. I wanted people to have some refreshments, since my table was about food, so the rest of Saturday from 3 p.m. until 10 p.m. was spent baking. Two coffee cakes (one for K and K for taking the kids), 2+ dozen blueberry muffins, two loaves of grandmas banana bread and a tray of apple sticky buns. By the time Sunday came, I couldn't even look at all the baked goods, let alone eat them. From 10 p.m until 1 a.m. I worked on my display board for my table. Sunday was a great day meeting people and smiling lots. And of course a nap in the middle of it.

It was a busy, but excellent, weekend.

4 comments:

amelia said...

My dad ran into Rick about a year ago at a magic convention in Columbus. Dad said that Rick was doing really, really well. That's cool to hear he won!

Ok, now I'm craving more baked goods! :)

Jean said...

He and Lindsay have two boys now. Crazy how time just slips by. He's been all over the world. I can't keep up anymore as to where they've been. :)

If you were closer, I would've given you some goods as I did have left overs. :)

amelia said...

I made a banana bread poundcake tonight. That fixed it. ;)

Jean said...

That sounds tasty! Sounds like baby likes baked goods. Cookies....breads.... :)