Sunday, July 10, 2011

Review of An Unlikely Suitor by Nancy Moser


Head back to the year of 1895 and follow two girls who come from two very different walks of life. One immigrant. One high-class. Follow their journey as their worlds collide and take a turn in opposite directions. How class barriers are broken and independence is born.

With twists and turns throughout this book, it will leave you wondering what happens to these two girls whose lives live outside of their society.

I really liked this book. To a certain point. Towards the end it got way too mushy and romantic for my taste. I enjoyed seeing how the two main characters blossomed into womanhood sans romance and how they learned to fit into the skin they were born with. I did like seeing how two societies were so far apart from each other and seeing how a friendship was forged despite the rules.

Bethany House sent me this complimentary copy to review for them.

No comments: