Monday, September 01, 2008

church: week 2

Yesterday we visited yet another church we found on-line. We had one picked out, but after doing some searching on their site, I realized that they use a video to teach the kids (which I'm not at all against, but to use it every single Sunday I don't necessarily agree with). So we went to our 2nd choice. Of which after doing some searching on their site, noticed that the sermon series was exactly what Jill posted about last week! We were very skeptical. So we went back to church #1, then church #2 and finally decided on church #2.

It was loud.
A complete 180 from last weeks church.
They used a smoke machine during the songs (of which we only knew one).
We met the pastor, the children's director, teachers and people actually said hello to us (and smiled while doing it!).
My parents even met people we didn't meet.
The drummer was on a jazz kit but it was absolutely, amazingly miked so well that it sounded like a full set (After the service I told him his drumming was great. He said thanks and that he broke two drum sticks playing. My response, "Sweet!").
The kids had a blast.
We found out it's a Nazarene church.
The song the sermon was on was It's Not My Time by 3 Doors Down and it rocked (even made my mom jump when the full band came in). The sermon was based in Daniel 3. Great sermon too.
I think we'll be going back again.

5 comments:

anne said...

Nice!!

Now, this wasn't the Johnny Rogers videos, was it? Cuz if it was, it's totally ok. He is SO my hero. SO. I'm just saying. If your children are learning from THE Johnny Rogers, then you have nothing to worry about.

Amy said...

I'm so glad you liked the church! We know how hard it can be to find a church that really feels like you belong there. A good drummer is the most important thing! :-) I hope you have a great experience there again when you go back!

Hillary said...

Jean! I never pictured you as someone who would find a smoke machine during worship as a selling point for a church! ;)

Just teasing! I'm glad it was a good experience!

Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jean said...

Not sure if it was Johnny Rogers. But seeing that the church website information hadn't been updated since 2006 kind of gave me some pause.

Thanks Amy. Good drummers are a hard to find! :)

HA! It took me back to somewhere that I can't quite remember. Smoke machine. I know the memory is back there somewhere....
Maybe I'm not supposed to remember.. :)