Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Review of Don't Panic: Quick, Easy, and Delicious Meals for Your Family by Susie Martinez, Vanda Howell and Bonnie Garcia

Cookbooks are one of my downfalls. I read them like a regular book and devour each page. So when the offer to review Don't Panic came across my mail, I jumped at the chance. This cookbook includes appetizers, main dishes, desserts and so much more. The recipes are down to earth and require no out-of-the-ordinary ingredients. The recipe I chose to do was Ruth's Hot Fudge Sauce. With ice cream calling in the freezer to be eaten, I know this recipe was the one for our family. I halved the recipe, and afterwards, was so glad I did. The halved recipe made about two cups worth of fudge sauce (which is plenty for our little family). It took approximately 20 minutes (and will depend on how long your element heats up if you have an electric stove) and was super easy. I got the nods of approval from the two youngest taste testers of the family, so this is a hit in our house.

Here's the recipe if you have 20 minutes of spare time to whip it together. Your ice cream will thank you.

Ruth's Hot Fudge Sauce
1/2 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 - 14 oz. can evaporated milk
2 cups sugar 1 t. vanilla

Directions: In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate chips over low heat. Add evaporated milk and sugar. Stir well and bring to a boil over medium heat. Continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove fudge sauce from heat. Add vanilla, stir, and serve.

Yields 12 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes

Revell sent this complimentary copy to review for them. All opinions expressed are my own and the fudge sauce is almost gone.

Available April 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments: