Tuesday, February 20, 2007

snipits of the day

#1:

Sam: Mom, I had a dream last night.

Me: Really? Do you remember what it was about?

Sam: No. But you were in it.

Me: Interesting. Was I doing anything?

Sam: I don't know. Don't you remember?

Me: Don't I remember what?

Sam: Don't you remember being there?

Me: In your dream?

Sam: Yeah. You were in my dream. Don't you remember?

Me: Um...no. I don't.

Sam: oh. well..maybe next time you'll remember.



#2: 4:30 a.m.

Alina (in her bed): MOMMMYYYY??!??

Me (in my bed): Yes Alina?

Alina: I wanted you to play with me.

Me: I will when the sun comes up.

Alina: But I wanted you to play with me!

Me: Wait until the sun comes up.

Alina: silence.

Alina: Mommy???

Me: yes Alina

Alina: Where's the books?

Me: In your room.

Alina: But I want you to read them.

Me: When the sun comes up.

Alina: silence.

Ahhh...the joys of having a child that talks in her sleep and can actually carry on a conversation.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so funny...Who would have thought the conversation would be so lucid? And why oh why wouldn't you be able to remember the dream? Silly Jean...

Jean said...

Exactly. Especially at 4 in the morning.

I remember my own dreams...just need to work on remembering being in others. :)

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cute! :)

Carbon said...

My youngest still has to talk but my oldest sounds like your two for sure. Mine came to my room at 4 in the morning the other night and said "downstairs, I want pancakes". Nope. TOO EARLY!!!