Monday, August 29, 2011

Review (and rating!) of Restless in Carolina by Tamara Leigh


She's a tree-huggin' widow who is in search of an environmental friendly developer to buy her family's historical estate.

He's an acclaimed land developer who is trying to keep a promise generations old.

Through her burying her widow weeds and him burying long ago promises, this book is about growing up, forgiving and moving forward.

1/4 into this book I had to jump back to the beginning to figure out who was who. Once again, I felt like I was jumping into the middle of a story and characters whom I knew nothing about. I'm assuming that Tamara Leigh's previous book Leaving Carolina had something to do with this.

A cute, quick novel laced with light humor and splashes of warm fuzzies, it was overall pretty good. One thing that I did like was even with the emphasis on God throughout the book, by the end it wasn't "and her relationship with God was fully restored and perfect and life was all roses." It was a work in progress, of which I like portrayed.


Waterbrook Multnomah sent me this complimentary to review for them. And hey! They (and I) would love it if you rated my review. No strings attached. I promise.

No comments: