Friday, March 25, 2011

Where did time go?

10 years.

Today my baby boy is 10 years old. Where in the world has the time gone?

From an itty bitty 7 pound one ounce baby to a 78 pound young man who's head fits just under my chin when standing.

From having major surgery at 3 months and being told he may never be able to play sports, to being a lover of all sports and is outside every single moment biking, boxing, playing soccer, basketball and football fearlessly.

From being dependent on mom and dad for his well being to becoming independent, making his own choices and learning about life in the world we live in.

From not being able to utter a word to communicating thoughts, feelings, conversations and abstract ideas.

You have grown up so much Sam. Now you start the preteen years and so much is ahead of you. You are learning and figuring who you are and where you fit. The mom in me wants to shelter you in a bubble so no one or thing hurts you. But I know that would only hinder you growing into a teenager and then into an adult.

I love you so much and am so honored that God chose me to be your mom. He has an amazing purpose for you and being able to cheer that purpose on is a wonderful gift.

I look forward to the next 10 years and the adventures life will bring in these preteen and soon-to-come teenage years. You are loved so much and I pray each day that you will experience God's deepest love more than anything.

2 comments:

anne said...

Waah! He was so yummy and snuggly! I hate to think of my baby growing up so big! Sigh.

Valerie said...

He's awesome. Lots like his parents.