Saturday, October 30, 2010

review of Emily's Chance by Sharon Gillenwater

Revell Books sent me this complimentary book to review.

Emily's Chance is the second book in The Callahan's of Texas Series. Here is a brief description of the book:

Emily Rose may be in the tiny West Texas town of Callahan Crossing for the moment, but it's just a rung on her ladder to success. Her work at the Callahan Crossing historical society will look good on her ever-growing resume as she attempts to break into the prestigious world of a big city museum curator.


This wasn't one of my favorites. It was hard to get into and I waited and waited for something to happen. Then the book ended. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be a cliff hanger book, but there just wasn't anything gripping.

The book cover kind of hindered the story. Being called Emily's Chance, but with a picture of a guy. A bit confusing and a turn off. I tend to be drawn toward books without pictures of actual people on the front as I want to form my own picture in my head.


Available October 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments: