Wednesday, April 25, 2007

cleaning

With the warmer weather here, we have been sorting through what to get rid of in our home. I have found a swap place on-line for the city I live in. It's like an on-line garage sale. My list is growing. Bike, dresser, furniture covers, bunk bed, and I'm sure the more I dig, the more can be sold.

It amazes me how much "stuff" we have. How fortunate and blessed we are for the home we have, for the items in it. I was once again reminded Monday night of how nothing is mine. I'm just the caretaker for the things loaned to me. It was the kick in the rear end I needed. Not just take better care of material things, but my husband, my kids, my body.

So as spring cleaning takes place in our home, it's also a time for me to spring clean my soul and try to get rid of the excess "stuff". To take better care of what has been given on loan to me, but to take better care of myself too.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah...good reminders...

Oh, and I think I'll be having a garage sale NEXT WEEK!! You wanna come over and help/bring stuff? There is a HUGE carnival in the park right at the end of my street and it's the perfect time to do it. Fingers crossed that it'll be nice....

Jean said...

Excellent!!! I'd be more than happy to help stock up the sale :)

Hillary said...

Hmmm... spring cleaning of the soul. I like that. :)

And hoo boy, does it feel good to get rid of stuff. Purge! Purge! Purge!

Jean said...

I like that word. Purge. Very fitting... Thanks Hills!! :)

Anonymous said...

very good reminder. I think that what you have shared is very important.

Carbon said...

Great post.