Thursday, October 05, 2006

surprise!

We found out a few days ago that we're going to have a new family member at our home. This came as a HUGE and unexpected surprise. We're still trying to get used to the idea of having another one around here, but it'll be great! I'm already looking forward to how much life is going to change, how much things are going to be very different.

I can't tell you how blessed and humbled we are. I cried when I found out. To find out something that we've hoped for, actually come out of the blue was amazing. This one will be welcomed with open arms into our family. Loved. Cared for.

We don't have a name for him/her yet. A name may be passed down from the parents. That's something we need to ask about.

Otherwise, we're so excited!!


Thank you D&J. A HUGE thank you for this AMAZING, AMAZING blessing. We'll take really good care of him/her and feel so privileged to have the mint green machine donn our driveway. :)

13 comments:

Carbon said...

What the heck? I'm so confused. I think.

Jean said...

We just got our friends car. :) For not being a two car family for the past 9-10 years, it's like a new family member coming into our family. :)

amelia said...

I can understand your excitement! Earlier this summer we became a 2 car family for the first time ever (9 years with just one!). My Grandma was the bearer of our new ride. Enjoy it!

someone in pursuit of who she is said...

Buah ha! You explained the secret too soon! I TOTALLY thought you were pregnant, but then the "mint greenmachine" threw me. So good on ya... you got me!

Jean said...

Hi Amelia! We sure will enjoy it!

Someone.. My husband tricked his co-workers too who thought I was pregnant. hehe :)

Ed said...

Actually, you tricked my co-workers. I just let them read what you wrote. For some reason, though, I was slugged in the arm and called a jerk. Go figure...

Jean said...

I'm glad I didn't trick you :) THAT would've been a HUGE surprise huh?? :)

Cheeky said...

I can solve the mystery for ya--it's a boy. You can name him what you want--he is yours now. He doesn't mind name changes--he's had a few--the "green machine" and "love shep" while living in our home. But he has a new family and I think that warrants a new name. I hope he is as low-maintenance, well-behaved, and dependable for you as he has always been for us!

anne said...

I'm very excited for you! As a one-car family ourselves, we totally understand how excellent this is for you!

Jean said...

A boy it is. Ed named him Sweet Potato even though he isn't orange. :)

It just means Anne that I have a bit more freedom to come and get you and take you places and you're doing an amazing job saving up for you new "kid" too :) To repay you for all the times you've come to my rescue over the past years.

Kristen said...

AUNT JEAN! You had me all excited about getting a new cousin! goodness! that was mean. hehe, o well. a new car. thats always fun. love you! <3

heather said...

i totally thought you were pregnant, too - i was about ready to CALL YOU from work! ha.

congrats on the new car! we were a one-car family for a while, and i remember how relieved we were when my brother gave us his... :)

Jean said...

hehe ;) That would've been a shocker for the family wouldn't it have been Kristen? :)

HA!!!! Though I don't mind phone calls Heather. ;) It probably wouldn't have been the news you were expecting though. :) You can call any time you want to.