Saturday, July 29, 2017

Review of The Road to Paradise by Karen Barnett

Nutshell: Margie Lane loves nature. And she gets to spend the summer living under the shadow of Mt. Rainer in Mt. Rainer National Park. But as she quickly realizes, living in the National Park is a lot of work, but Margie falls in love with the place quickly. But trouble looms as the man from her past is set on taking over the park. Since he can't have Margie, he will go after what she loves. With her new friend, Chief Ranger Ford Brayden they will do everything they can to save the National Park, even if it means putting their lives in danger.

What I enjoyed: As the sub title describes this book as "A Vintage National Parks Novel", that is exactly what this is! Set in the 1920's, this book feels vintage'y (if that's even a word). I have not read Karen Barnett's books before, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one! I wasn't sure quite what to expect when I chose to read it, but it did not disappoint. With a little bit of romance, a splash of suspense and oodles of descriptive nature, this book was a delight to read. Vintage quaint comes to mind when thinking about this book. And the cover fits right in with how this book is portrayed.

Would I recommend this book? Absolutely! If you are looking for quick read that is quaint and yet has a bit of meat to it, then you will enjoy this book. A good book to read on the beach, a rainy day or by the fire on a chilly, snowy evening.

Blogging For Books sent me this complimentary copy to review for them. Opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: