Sunday, December 27, 2009

Review of The Lightkeeper's Daughter by Colleen Coble

When I saw this book on Thomas Nelson's website to be able to review, I snatched it up as Colleen Coble is one of my favorite authors. The day it came to the house, I started reading it.

Here is a short description:
Growing up as the lightkeeper’s daughter on a remote island at the turn of the century, Addie Sullivan has lived a hardscrabble life. When a long-lost and wealthy relative finds her and enlists her to work as a governess at a lavish estate, she hopes to discover the truth of her heritage. But at Eaton Hall, nothing is as it seems. Not the idyllic family she hoped for, not the child she was hired to help, not even the aloof man she’s immediately attracted to. Soon she must turn for help to Lieutenant John North, a man who views her with suspicion.


I jumped right into the book, but had a hard time finding a rhythm and flow to it. Not until the last 1/4 of the book did it start to become interesting with the twists and turns Colleen is known for.

I was actually a bit disappointed this time around. It just wasn't up to par with her other books. There was more fluff romance than normal and it just didn't grab me like her books usually do. If the entire book was like the last 1/4, it would have made it much better.

No comments: