Friday, July 14, 2006

observations

This morning I decided I better do something about getting in shape and popped in the pilates tape. Both kids were up, hubby was at work and so I had an audience while working out. Phrases like "your spine is your life life. Keep it supple. Keep it strong." and "sit up straight like there is a crane pulling a string through your head". Thank you Denise Austin. I will imagine that while all of my muscles are trembling and screaming at me. All was quiet until doing scissor kicks. Then I hear this:

Sam: Mommy, you're legs are supposed to be straight like hers.
Me: (In my head I'm thinking. yes. yes I know that!) but I said: I'm trying Sam. My legs just don't go that straight.
Sam: Well, why?
Me: (with trying to breath and count and not die) Because right now, they aren't made to do that.

End of conversation. Not one minute later I hear a little voice say, "Good job mommy". Thank you my son. With those three words I was able to make it through the rest of the video. I think I should have him down there more often...

9 comments:

heather said...

nice - i can totally picture sam saying that! too cute. :)

Jean said...

he is that. he sure states the facts...and observes all too well..

Hillary said...

Aw! Such a sweetie! (aren't kids great at keeping us humble? HA!)

BRN2SELL said...

I should probably do the same thing ... my cute ... adorable ... princess ... Sophie was piking me in the "love" handles the other day and giggling the whoe time she was doing it ... time to do a series of LITE recipes with some excercise as an appetizer.

Thanks for sharing
Mark

Anonymous said...

So sweet....

Anonymous said...

I like that kind of encouragement :)

Jean said...

Yes Hillary, yes they are.

Good luck Mark. Maybe you could infuse exercising while cooking to get the best of both worlds :)

Amazing what comes out of kids mouths huh? :)

Andrea said...

Hi. Not sure what area you're from, but that's what they made health club day care for...I couldn't be in shape without it. ;)

Jean said...

Hi Andrea. Welcome :) The sad thing is though..that was the only day I did exercise this week. Unless counting running up and down the steps every half hour to make sure the little one actually did go to the bathroom so she could have her tootsie roll... :)