Monday, November 27, 2017

Review of The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck by Bethany Turner

What it's about: Sarah Hollenbeck has it all. Prestige, money, a perfect marriage to a well-known husband, the perfect house, the perfect life. Except it isn't all perfect. It's anything but. Her marriage is love-less, money can't buy happiness and she's a shell of a person. She finds herself a divorcee from a cheating husband and has a lot of time on her hands. She decides she is going to write a book, that low and behold, launches her in to the lime light with it's steaminess throughout the pages. Then she meets Jesus. And the pastor of the church she begins to attend. And she loves both. How does she put away her past and move towards the future with the baggage she carries and the stories she has written? Will it even work?

What I thought: I loved this book. It was such a different romance than I have ever written. So much of it is written as the what is going through the main character's head that it gives a fantastic insight as to how much happens in one's thoughts! I could relate all to well with letting the imagination get away from you. I found myself smiling throughout this book with the humor and the realness of the characters. I really didn't want it to end! Such a great, honest read that has you feeling all sorts of good at the end. Oh...and I loved, loved the cover! So eye catching!!

Would you read it?
If you enjoy light-hearted romance...you will love this book. The romance is so different than the suspense thrillers in that it's brutally honest. Bethany Turner is on to something with this book of raw, honest thoughts and possibly what it's like to live inside someone's head.

Revell sent me this complimentary copy to review for them. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: