Saturday, September 20, 2014

Review of Murder at the Mikado by Julianna Deering

Nutshell: This is book 3 in the Drew Farthering Mystery Series. Super sleuth Drew and his new fiancé Madeline are on the hunt for a murderer who keeps eliminating people at the local theater. Narrowing down the suspects list becomes quite the challenge until the killer is caught.

Pro's: You really don't know the killer until the end and it's a twist!

Con's: I had a very hard time getting into this book. Without having read the previous two books, I had no backstory to rely upon and not much was given. It took awhile to piece together why people knew each other and who went with who. Maybe if I had read the first two, I would have a different outlook on this book. 

Recommendation: If you enjoy mysteries, you may enjoy this series, but I would suggest starting with the first book and not the 3rd like I did.

Bethany House Publishers sent me this complimentary book to review for them. Opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: