Saturday, October 06, 2012

Review of Life With Lily by Mary Ann Kinsinger and Suzanne Woods Fisher

Today's review is brought to you by a guest blogger, Alina, who is eight years old and was the one who read Life With Lily.

For a child, every day is a thing of wonder. And for six-year-old Lily Lapp, every day is a new opportunity for blessings, laughter, family, and a touch of mischief. As she explores her world, goes to school, spends time with her family, and gets into a bit of trouble with her friends, Lily learns what it means to be Amish and what it means to grow up. From getting a new teacher to welcoming a new sibling, Lily’s life is always full of adventure.

I really liked the book. I like it because it looks like a grown up book, but it was really a kid book. Every chapter was about something different that was happening in Lily's life. The words weren't too big of words and there were a lot of describing words and that helped me picture what things looked like. I liked learning about how Amish people live and if Lily was a real person, I would like to be friends with her.

I would recommend to read this book and I can't wait until the 2nd book comes out.

Available October 2012  at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Revell books sent this complimentary book for me to review. All opinions are from my brain.

1 comment:

anne said...

Great blog, Alina! We actually knew a Lapp family growing up and we got lots of our foods, furniture and even a dog from them! :)