Saturday, April 17, 2010

Review of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen


Bethany House sent me a free copy of Sense and Sensibility to review for them.

This is a bit different version as it is an Insight Edition which has notes along the margins. Trivia, notes, and inspirations to enhance the story.

A great classic as any Jane Austen book is. I really liked the comments about the movie, the little blips about Jane Austen's life and their humorous remarks about the characters.

It took a bit longer to read with all of these side comments, but they did enhance the story. I didn't care for the inspiration notes as they seemed to almost force the story towards God (which isn't a bad thing, but just distracting with an already true classic story).

I liked this book overall and it'll hold a spot on my bookshelf.

No comments: