Monday, August 05, 2019

Review of The String by Caleb Breakey

The Conductor is in charge of all those he chooses. Markus Haas is now one of his players, but bucks against everything the Conductor wants him to do. Markus, the campus cop that law enforcement doesn't really believe in, takes it upon himself to track down who the conductor is before time runs out and those he loves are killed. 

This story was intense!! From the opening chapter, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to read it, but yet, I could not put this book down. Not one I could read at night thought. Filled with suspense like I haven't read before, this book grips you page after page. I had to slow myself down several times so I wouldn't miss anything. Graphic at times with the violence, but this story was riveting, creative and unbelievable good. Caleb Breakey knocked it out of the park with this fantastic masterpiece! Talk about a page turner that gives you chills but yet you just have to find out what happens.

If you enjoy intense suspense, you will love this book. A page turner that will make your insides knot and unknot time after time. And this is book 1! I can't wait for the 2nd one to come out!

Revell Reads sent me this complimentary book to review for them. Opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: