Monday, June 24, 2019

Review of All Manner of Things by Susie Finkbeiner

Set during the Vietnam War, Annie Jacobson's life is about to change forever. With her brother deployed to the war and her estranged father showing up in her life after leaving years earlier, Annie is on a journey that will change her life forever.

When I started reading this book, the phrase that kept coming to me of how it was written was: lyrical. There is a certain type of lilt to how Susie writes her books that seems whimsical, but yet something hidden just beneath the words that takes you on the journey of the characters. There's a mysterious depth to how she weaves the story and a thread that holds the story together when at the end a beautiful picture is created. I thoroughly enjoy Susie's writing as it is fresh but yet poignant and still down to earth. I enjoy how the characters were developed throughout as you feel like you could've been friends with them. Great job Susie!!

Revell Books sent me this copy to review for them. Opinions expressed are my own. And I strongly encourage you to read this book and Susie's other books. Check out her website here!

No comments: