Friday, April 29, 2011

Review of Regret Free Parenting by Catherine Hickem

Booksneeze sent me this complimentary copy to review for them.

"Every mother wants her children to grow up happy, healthy, and fulfilled. But reaching that destination can be full of indecision, worry, and second-guessing. Ask any mother, 'Do you think you're doing a good job?' and she’ll likely give you a mixed answer. In her groundbreaking book, Regret-Free Parenting, Catherine Hickem offers seven principles for mothers to raise their children well . . . and know they’re doing it right."

Loved, loved, loved this book. It was mainly focused towards mom's (which I didn't know going into it) and it hit home. There were many light bulb moments and times I thought, "well, that completely makes sense!" The biggest area where it made the most impact was where Catherine talked about pre-teens. As a mom of a full blown pre-teen, it's new, uncharted territory and this book brought some clarity and some of those "ah-ha" moments to mind.

One other reason I loved this book was because Catherine is a licensed counselor. With my husband in school to become a therapist, so much of the terminology she used was familiar and it was easier to understand.

I would highly recommend any mom or dad to read this. A fantastic book that I will definitely be reading again.

No comments: